PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Information You Provide
We collect information from you when you register on our Site, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our Site. In order to measure the usefulness and efficiency of our Site, and in an attempt to provide a more pleasant and personalized on-line experience, we automatically track certain information from all visitors to our Site. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis.
Non-Personal Data and Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate and interact on and around the Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information). We may also collect information that is not PII but may disclose other aspects of your browsing history or certain other information about you through the use of a variety of technologies, such as “cookies.” We may use “cookies” on certain pages of our Site. “Cookies” are small data files that are stored on your hard drive and contain certain information accessible to our Site, such as any information content preferences you may voluntarily set at our Site. It enables the Site or service provider´s system to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current Site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services. If you voluntarily register with us as a user of our Site (should we at any time make such registration available). You are always free to turn off cookies if your browser permits, although you may not be able to use certain features on our Site.
Metco may also collect information through interactive questionnaires and registration requests. For example, in response to such questionnaires and registration requests, you may be asked to provide (i) your name, (ii) address, (iii) e-mail address, (iv) company name and/or position and (v) your preference as to receiving additional information regarding certain products, services or health related topics. If you voluntarily send us any correspondence, such as emails or letters, we may also retain such correspondence and information in a file specific to you.
If you have voluntarily provided us with such information, we may use your email address, mailing address and phone number to contact you regarding administrative notices, new product offerings and communications relevant to your use of our Site or products and services offered by Metco and its affiliates. You have the option of not participating in these programs by not providing us with your contact information or by opting out after receipt of such information.
Your provision of PII to us through this Site or through information collected online on behalf of Metco constitutes your affirmative consent that we may contact you by e-mail, fax, telephone, and any other communications for any of the uses stated herein.
Some areas of the Site may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from the specified features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether online or offline. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other companies, divisions, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies of Metco, Inc. publicly available information sources, and other third parties.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection.
We also use information from or about you:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments or suggestions and to fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request, subscriptions, newsletters, or e-mail alerts;
- To send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, use, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products, Site and services, identifying Site usage trends, internal market research, to generate aggregate statistical studies, personalizing your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- To notify you about promotions, special offers, etc… regarding products and services provided by Metco or its affiliates, subsidiaries and/or partners, to offer you additional information about our other products, programs, services, promotions or offers that we believe may be of interest to you; and
- As required by law or regulation, or as requested by the government authorities, or for the protection of persons or property, and in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with this Site; and for other business purposes.
Metco expressly reserves the right to retain, disclose or report any of your information in limited circumstances where we reasonably deem it necessary to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, to cooperate with government or industry regulators, legal requests, such as court orders or subpoenas, specific requests from law enforcement officials, or to protect our rights or property. It is our policy to comply with any such requirements (including a good-faith belief that such requirement exists), and you agree we shall have no liability for any such disclosure or retention.
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Non- Personal Data and Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
We also may collect and report to third parties aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about you and other users of our Site for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes.
Metco uses commercially reasonable, organizational, technical, and administrative security measures to protect personal information under our control against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, or disclosure of data. We have, however, put in place appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to help prevent the unauthorized access and use of the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, Metco cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the section.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information
Metco gives you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving marketing communications from us: If applicable and you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by contacting us as specified in the CONTACT US section. In your response to us, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and e-mail or postal address. In addition, you may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message.
- Our sharing of your personal information with affiliates and third-party partners: If applicable and you would prefer that we not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates and/or third-party partners for their marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by contacting as specified in the CONTACT US section. In your response to us, please state that we should no longer share your personal information with our affiliates and/or third-party partners for their marketing purposes, and include your name and e-mail address.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
NON US RESIDENTS
Unless otherwise specified, this Site and material provided on this Site are solely for promoting products, programs and business operations within the U.S. If you do not reside in the U.S. and are visiting our Site, if you provide PII to us, it may be transferred to and processed on computers in the U.S. Do not provide your personal information to us if you do not want this information to be transferred outside of your county, or if the laws of your country restrict these types of transfers.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background) on or through the Site or otherwise to us. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.
PRIVACY REGARDING CHILDREN
Pursuant to the terms of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). The Site is not directed at children under the age of thirteen (13), and by using the Site and/or providing information to us, you represent that you are not under the age of thirteen 13.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
HOW TO CONTACT US