Our sweetener substitute Svetia® uses stevia leaf extract.
Stevia is a plant in the sunflower family native to South America, where it has been used as a natural sweetener for centuries.
The stevia leaves contain steviosides, rebaudiosides and dulcosides, which are the compounds responsible for its sweetening power.
The steps to obtain our zero calorie sweetener are:
- Plant Breeding: Plantation of stevia in field.
- Harvesting: Harvest the leaves of stevia.
- Aqueous extraction: Extraction of the steviol glycosides from the leaves of the stevia, by means of hot water.
- Purification: Process in which all leaf compounds, which are not steviol glycosides, are eliminated, achieving a purity of greater than 95%.
- Formulation: Steviol glycosides are co-crystalized with cane sugar crystals.
- Final Product: We pack our sweetener in 1g packets and deliver it to our clients, which are the supermarkets, so that consumers can buy our Svetia® Calorie Free Sweetener.
For more information about stevia, please see our frequently asked questions section. For any other questions about our sweetener, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask the experts from the Global Stevia Institute about Stevia